Monday 6 March 2017

Summer Houses



It's March already and I've been wondering where this year has gone so far. There have been too many grey and rainy days. It's been good these last few weeks to work in summery yarn shades with names such as, Sky Blue, Sunflower, Greek Blue, Poppy, Soft Lime and Lavender.

Generally I use wool DK yarn when I knit these wee Scottish croft houses. It has been a change to use a smooth cotton in 4ply making a summery seaside cottage. Even though the 4ply is a lighter weight the pattern worked well with this yarn and the same needle size 3.25mm was used. 


Here are the colour combinations I came up with... 
 
 Poppy Sky Blue  ~  Sunflower  ~  Lavender


Soft Lime ~ Lapis ~ Poppy ~ Sky Blue


Peppermint ~ Sunflower ~ Soft Lime ~ Shell


Fondant ~ Lavender ~ Peppermint ~ Soft Lime


Greek Blue ~ Shell ~ Peppermint ~ Lavender




The pattern I used was Mini Red Roof Croft House.

For the Summer Houses I used the new Stylecraft Classique Cotton 4ply see below for the full the colour range. This is a 100% cotton and comes in 50g balls 182m/199yds.

I had fun choosing colour combinations from the 12 available in the palette. I like the mix of pastel and stronger shades. There are two neutral shades, White and Ivory, the latter I used for the windows on all the houses. This is just a start on possible colour combinations, I'm sure I can mix these around and create more different houses...

Image courtesy Stylecraft

Image courtesy Stylecraft