Saturday 4 June 2016

June already...


Not sure where nearly half the year has gone. Time for an update on the blog with a few knitting and other snippets. 

Back in February I joined in with the Colourwork Knit Along on Ravelry organised by designer Ella Austin. There were prizes to be won. As I don't usually win anything, I was delighted to win a prize to choose one of Ella's knitting kits from her Etsy shop. The Tawny Owl caught my eye and I was thrilled to receive the kit through the post several weeks ago. The kit includes custom hand dyed yarn from Fybrespates and a lovely pattern booklet with clear instructions, charts and photographs.  


I've been deliberating whether to start on the owl knowing I have another project waiting to be finished.

There is a part finished pair of socks. 

 
Actually, make that two part finished pairs of socks (the second one being discovered at the back of a cupboard whilst looking for something else). Hoping to work on these over the weekend and make at least some progress towards a matching finished pair at least.


Other none knitting news, after much deliberation I've treated myself to a new set of coloured pencils for design and drawing purposes (Staedtler Ergo Soft). Admitedly, I needed a small mortgage to pay for them but they are a pleasure to use and handle. Enjoying the rainbow of shades and colours.


On the theme of rainbows, here's a shot I took back in May. It reminded me that there's sunshine after the rain...


Wishing you a good weekend!